Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spicy Chocolate Peanut Clusters


Peanut clusters are really easy to whip up. This version has a bit more pop to it though. I took the sweet and spicy bacon nuts I made here http://flourdusted.blogspot.com/2010/06/sweet-and-spicy-bacon-nuts.html and broke them up a bit more before adding them into my chocolate. The flavor turned out very subtle. I could tell something was different but it wasn't till after I finished my piece that the seasoning on the nuts really came through. I have a feeling the spicy factor would build up with multiple pieces, but the whole moderation thing won't let me test that theory out. ;) If you don't want any zing with your chocolate just substitute unsalted dry roasted peanuts for the spicy nuts.


Spicy Chocolate Peanut Clusters

2 cups sweet and spicy bacon nuts
1 bag (12oz) milk chocolate chips

Melt milk chocolate chips in microwave until smooth. Mix in nuts until coated. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Chill.


Just a couple pics I snapped while whipping these up....

There is nothing special you have to do to form up clusters...a simply drop from the spoon onto some wax paper and it's done. Though I would watch how thick/high you get your cluster. It can be tough to bite through one of the really thick ones. Though that does bring back memories of gnawing on the solid chocolate bunny ears back in the day.


One of the best parts of baking....the licking of the spoon and bowl. No....I have no idea how I got chocolate on my forehead. Obviously a baking related incident that should never be mentioned again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment