Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Magic Bars


I haven't had these in forever. I forgot how much I enjoyed them too until I ran across the recipe on the Joy of Baking site. Magic bars are so easy to make....they are definitely back in my favorite cookie line up. The only change I made was leaving out the nuts....walnuts and pecans are not a must for me. So glad I sent the tray off with Paul though because I could hear those cookies calling to me from the fridge....ehehehehe.

Magic Bars

1/2 cup melted tub margarine
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used a sleeve of graham crackers)
1 cup sweetened coconut
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 14oz can non fat sweetened condensed milk

Pour melted margarine in bottom of 9x9 inch pan. Spread graham cracker crumbs evenly over margarine. Sprinkle coconut on top of graham cracker layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of coconut. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over chocolate chips. Do not stir. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until top is browned or toothpick comes out clean. Cool and chill before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment