Monday, January 6, 2014

Chocolate Cream Pie Take 2


I've posted this pie before but I've made a couple tweaks. Excuse the ready made crust...I've dubbed it the crust of shame...but I'm sending this pie home with someone and I don't want to worry about a pie plate being returned. 

So very garnish happy on this pie. I melted a wee bit too much chocolate so I went a little nutty. 


Chocolate Cream Pie

1 1/2 cups sugar  
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups skim milk
4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 tbs 1 tsp vanilla
3 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 oz Cool Whip

Prepare and bake crust.  Mix together sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large saucepan.  Whisk milk into eggs.  Add milk mixture to sugar mixture and combine.  Stir in chocolate.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and begins to boil.  Cook one minute before removing from heat.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour into graham crust and press plastic wrap to the surface of the mixture to prevent a skin from forming.  Chill.  Top with cool whip.  Garnish as you desire.  Makes one 9inch cream pie.

And here is the precious little man that keeps me hopping and out of the kitchen.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Such pies are just too tempting :) that's why I can't make it :D

    ReplyDelete