Friday, August 6, 2010

Honey Oatmeal Cookies 1.0

These cookies are just dreamy as far as flavor goes. It was tough to stop taste testing at one...eheheh. I need to do just a wee bit of fiddling with the texture. I packed half dozen or so up in a care package for my brother. I may turn the others into sandwich cookies....meanwhile they are on hold in the freezer until I make up my mind. ;) Yes, I do need more freezer space...I have an amazing amount of things tucked up in there. The freezer code name......cave of yummy delights!


Honey Oatmeal Cookies version 1.0

1/2 cup tub margarine
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup raw honey
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 cup flour
2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup shredded coconut

Cream together margarine and sugar. Blend in eggs. Blend in honey. Mix in baking soda, salt, and flour. Fold in oats and coconut. Drop by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Use a glass dipped in sugar to press the cookies out. Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment