Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sloppy Joes

I have not had Sloppy Joes in forever. When I saw this recipe I had to try it out. So tasty! A pretty quick and easy meal to whip together. The only thing I didn't think it needed was the brown sugar. The mix ended up being a little sweeter than I was looking for.

I think for a change of pace I'm going to cook up some pasta to toss into the last couple servings of the meat. Variety...the spice of life.


Sloppy Joes

1 pound 96% lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 anaheim peppers, diced
1 banana pepper, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 tbls diced garlic
8 oz tomato sauce
3/4 cup spicy ketchup
2 tbls brown sugar
2 tbls apple cider vinegar
1 tbls worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, peppers, celery, and garlic. When beef is cooked through and veggies are tender, drain off grease. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix together. Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring once in a while. Serve on hamburgers buns. Add cheese if you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment