Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adana Kebabs 1.0


I started experimenting with kebabs after we went to a Turkish restaurant the other day.  These are savory, but the spice mix still needs some work.  I sense much kebab making in the future.  My beloved hubby stands ready to do his official taste tester duty.  ;)  He is also the official grill man ehehehe.  Look at those beautiful grill lines!  Man against fire.....grrrr....rawrrr.

This recipe is based on one I found in the New York Times.  Normally these are shaped thinner and longer, but I went with a thicker style for ease in grilling....though I could go a little thinner.  I was totally lazy when I took the picture too....I didn't show the side of Tzatziki and pide breadRoasted vegetable spread also makes a great dip for this meal as well.

These are actually quite simple to make and so yummy.  The extras freeze nicely for later grilling which is fairly sweet.


Adana Kebabs 1.0

1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup dry parsley
1 anaheim pepper, diced
1 tbls diced garlic
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp salt

Mix everything together in a bowl.  Form mixture into 6 kebab shapes.  Grill until done.  Serve.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious.Sure tht it tasted same as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your rocking Kebabs, so I've tagged you! Come visit me and have some fun!
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete