Monday, August 23, 2010

Cheaty Pepperoni Pizza


Every time I make pizza crust I tuck some personal sized cooked pizza rounds into the freezer for easy meals down the road. Honestly, these whip up so quick I should feel guilty. ;) Just take one of the frozen rounds out about 30 minutes before you want to use it....though that isn't critical just a preference I have.

I generally use BBQ sauce as my pizza sauce but salsa, spaghetti sauce, hummus, pesto...pretty much whatever you can scrounge up in the fridge are all workable options. I top mine with some shredded cheese and turkey pepperoni....both of which I always have on hand. The sky's the limit with what you choose to put on as toppings though....bbq chicken, steak, onions, peppers, olives, spam (I can hear Paul's cries of.....zomg woman you never let me have that anymore!), feta, ect. Broil at 425 for about 10 minutes and the pizza is done. I use the toaster oven to cook mine.

Remember this is cheaty pizza....it's suppose to be quick and fun. ;) When I want the real deal I take the time to make pizza sauce and prep up specific toppings instead of whatever I scrounged up. I don't always feel like doing the whole nine yards though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment