Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hummus Vegetable Pizza

Yet another cold pizza experiment. At some point I will run out of things I want to test out....maybe. ;) I was really torn with the direction to go on this one. I made it without meat and cheese. I couldn't decide if turkey pepperoni would go with the hummus....or feta. If I was making a hot pizza I would have topped it with monterey jack and it would have been dreamy. My official taste tester (aka beloved hubby) was at work so he wasn't available to try samples.

I made the crust and hummus, but if you are in a time crunch you can just pick up ready made items at the store. I always say homemade crust is the best though and pretty easy to whip up. ;) Hummus.....there are so many yummy varieties available....I could see a quick grab and go on that.


Hummus Vegetable Pizza

Pizza Crust
Hummus
1 anaheim pepper
1 banana pepper
1/2 zucchini
1 roma tomato
1 small can sliced olives
1/2 sweet onion

Prepare and bake the crust. I made a 12 inch circle. You will have extra dough to form additional crusts. These freeze well so form them up and bake them with the crust you are using immediately. I let the crusts rise for about 30 mins before baking them to a golden brown. Cool.

Prepare the hummus and let chill until ready to use.

Slice up the vegetables into nibble sized pieces and roast under the broiler for about 12 to 15 mins....basically when you like the color they are pop them out. Let them cool. Open and drain the olives.

Spread the hummus across the cooled crust. Top with roasted veggies and olives. Slice pizza into sections with pizza cutter. Chill until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment